Friday, May 12, 2006

the cooking continues

so, we now have doctor's appointments every monday and thursday until we deliver. everything looks really great with the baby and he continues to grow and make me more and more uncomfortable each day. after speaking with the doctor, we are just going to ride out this pregnancy until the 39th week, and then she will induce, unless we go into labor or my water breaks first. who knows, maybe this baby will be a gemini after all...

life at home has been a transition for me, since i am now on a modified bed rest program. i can get up and walk around, instead of being horizontal. i have to admit, it is a little hard on my tuckus, since i haven't used it in so long, but i feel like i am getting used to it and will be back in sitting up shape in no time. it is actually easier for me to be on my feet walking around than it is to be sitting up in an uncomfortable chair.

last night, martin and i actually went out to dinner for the first time in months and despite the fact that i had to stare at his frozen margarita throughout dinner, the chair was doing a number on my rump, and the person waiting on us was incredibly slow, i had a great time. it is a very odd feeling being in public for me, and i was exhausted. baby steps. each passing day i get stronger and bolder. before you know it, baby davis will be here and you will have something more interesting to look at in this blog.

ps. Martin's mom has her money on May 22nd and Martin claims she is psychic, so keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: