Saturday, April 29, 2006

A Room with a View



This is the one nice thing about my pie shaped room, the view. It overlooks Lake Michigan and every morning, I open the shades to this fantastic view. It still is not the same as being able to go out and enjoy the spring blooms, but it's enough to get me through the day.

Based on the hospital tracks on the ceilinge, at one point this room used to be for 2 patients, but now this hospital has all private rooms. Aside from my bed, there is a sink and vanity as well a couch for Martin's sleeping comfort and a chair for visitors. Unlike most rooms, mine is especially large thanks to a request by my doctor and I also have a fridge, which I use to stash as much food as I can. I can't say that I will miss this place as I am desperate to go home, but it has been pretty cozy and treated me okay so far.



So far, I have had over 38 nurses during my stay here. For the most part, they are all incredibly nice and have taken extremely good care of me.

Thank you Rowena, Michelle, Justine, Kristen, Jonna, Rose, Barb, Brittney, Jenny, Becky, Boa, Annmarie, Tasha, Althea, Holly, Megan, Amy, Julie, Angie, Chris, Maryanne, Pat, Kim, Leondra, Gisele, Melissa, Lara, Sue, Carol, Trang, Paige, Karol, Lena, Julita, Angela, Beth, Kathy, Abby, and anyone else who has not put their name on the board...

1 comment:

Festus said...

Your view looks directly into my law school. In fact, I had a class in one of those windows. Amazing, huh?